Dresses for Weddings

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Wedding season approaches!
Here is a throwback to a few dresses I made myself for weddings over the years.


My good friend Madeleine got married in 2011. Her official bridesmaids were her five sisters, but she told a few friends to wear green so that we could still coordinate. I loved how the different shades of green looked together. 
This isn't a great shot of the dress I made, but I used a pattern from a Built by Wendy Dresses book I had. For years, the patterns from that book were all I used when sewing for myself. I modified the skirt to be a circle skirt rather than A-line and the bodice was pretty basic with a scoop neck and short sleeves. 


In 2012, our friend Rachel got married. Her bridesmaids were her four sisters and her best friend and they wore mint green. The four of us pictured coincidentally all showed up wearing shades of blue. It was unintentional, but it resulted in a cute picture with the bride! 
The dress I'm wearing here is a navy knit dress with puff sleeves. I made it in my pattern making class. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs