Persephone Pants

Monday, August 27, 2018

My favorite (and most worn) make of the summer has been my Persephone Pants. I've worn them multiple times a week since I finished them.


I was debating between a few different patterns for a while. I wanted to make some cropped high waisted wide leg pants and I knew I wanted them in a cream/natural denim. 

I decided on the Persephone Pants by Anna Allen Clothing because they are so similar to the coveted Kamm Sailor pants:

KAMMPANTS
There are a lot of details about the Persephone Pants that I loved, such as the hidden button placket, the practically invisible front pockets, and no side seams.

The instructions were very easy to follow and it all came together very smoothly. I was lucky, in that I didn't need to make any fit adjustments to the waist or hips. 


Right after I finished them!
So happy with the buttons I used from my button stash
A few weeks after making the pants, I had the idea to check and see if I had enough fabric to make the shorts version. I did! I was able to whip up some Persephone Shorts with the leftover fabric. 


My handmade swimsuit and my handmade shorts

I went to the LA fabric district and found the perfect denim in a few different stores. My deciding factor was the price. I was able to get enough fabric for pants and shorts (3 or 4 yards, I can't remember) for $12. The cost of the pattern was $14, so total, I made a $13 pair of pants and a $13 pair of shorts. Not bad at all!
I get asked frequently if it is cost effective to make my own clothes. This is an example of how it can be very cost effective. I am lucky to be close to a major fabric district and, the more I sew, the more my skills develop! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs