Dropped Shoulder with Ruffle

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

I've been wanting to attempt a self-drafted dropped shoulder pattern for a while. I loved this top and wanted to do something similar by incorporating a ruffle.  
The pattern came together pretty easily and I was confident I would be happy with the outcome. 


To get the perfect ruffle, I cut a strip that was half the width of the under sleeve, and 1.5 times the length. When I'm creating something with ruffles, I always choose to use a 1:1.5 ratio. It is the perfect fullness in my opinion. 

At the cents of style wall with my sister-in-law and our kids!
Fit test!
Close up of the ruffle and double-needle hem
I used a double needle for all of the hems and I was so happy with the outcome! It gives such a clean, professional finish.
I love this top because it is a simple, casual tee with a fun, unique detail that makes it a very versatile top. I'm such a sucker for sleeve details. 

Dressed down!
Dressed up!
SaveSave

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs