French Terry Shorts Remake

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

When Peter was super tiny, I bought him these shorts in a 3-6 month size, hoping they would fit him for the summer months. However, despite the fact that he is only five months old, Peter is already comfortably fitting into 12-18 month clothes. Needless to say, we are in need of some bigger shorts. (This project was on my to-do list on this post.)



I love these shorts I got at Cotton On Kids. They are so cute and comfortable and they are made of french terry fabric. Peter is so comfortable in them!

Peter's curious little hand exploring my pattern making station
I traced the small shorts, added about a half inch to each side, added more for seam allowance, and cut out my pattern. I know a half inch added on all sides is a lot to add, but I wanted these shorts to fit him for a long time, and the shorts I traced were a few sizes too small.





The shorts ended up fitting him great! The fabric I used is so soft and stretchy. I used the wrong side of the fabric for the waistband to match the cuffed hem on the legs.
I will definitely use this pattern again and possibly draft a larger size as well for when Peter outgrows this size. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs