My Creative Outlet

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Sewing is my creative outlet.
I see it as a challenge. I think its a great skill to be able to make something out of nothing!
I'm reminded of this short video released by the LDS Church. I think everyone needs a creative outlet, be it writing, sewing, cooking, or playing a musical instrument. All we have to do is use the talents we have been blessed with. 

One woman that inspires me is Alexia. She has handmade nearly 100% of her twin daughters' wardrobe and she also makes beautiful pieces for herself. Her little girls are undoubtedly the best dressed kids on the playground.

Another woman who is so talented is Merrick of Merrick's Art. She shares pictures of clothing she makes and includes a simple tutorial on how to make it yourself. Her pieces are so stylish and simple.

I've noticed a lot of other seamstresses I know are using the Month of May as an excuse to make more and showcase it. Me Made May. I'm hoping that my recent motivation (since being NOT PREGNANT) will result in lots of finished projects.

A few things on my list:

  • French terry shorts for Peter (they will be so stinking cute)
  • Forrest green knit tie-front top
  • Ultra long circle skirt
  • Sleeper for my niece (due any time!)
  • Tie for Jesse

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs