Burgundy Baby Quilt

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My most recent project has been a baby blanket. 
One Friday night, my husband and I were brainstorming date ideas. The movies just didn't appeal to us, so we had the idea to sew something together! I always have a list of projects in mind, so it was between a blanket and a tie. We chose the easier of the two.
I've been saving this fabric for about a year now. My brother went on a two week service trip to Cape Verde, Africa last year and brought me home this beautiful yard of fabric. He knows me so well!

We keep telling ourselves that we will give it to our first niece (we have two nephews), but I'm certain I will end up keeping it for our first baby girl.




The batting is cotton and the backing is the closest color match we could find to the floral print fabric. 
For the quilting, we traced the flowers so the back would be as beautiful as the front. 
It was extra difficult because I don't yet have a darning foot that allows you to make designs free hand. I used by regular foot and shifted the quilt as I made the design. I've ordered my quilting foot and I can't wait for it to come and make my life a whole lot easier next time around
Jesse, my husband, helped with serging, ironing, and even traced a flower! 
(He is such a good sport)


We have yet to finish it. All we have left is the binding and then we are done! 
We will now be starting a "For Babies" box in our closet. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs