Leather Baby Moccasins

Thursday, December 15, 2016

On my last LA fabric shopping trip in June, I bought a few pieces of leather with plans to make some baby moccasins!
The two leather pieces I bought were each no larger than a square foot and cost a few dollars each.
I searched online and found this tutorial and this pattern. It was so easy to follow and i made my moccasins in under an hour. 
They should fit baby Kempler at about 6-12 months old!


I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome! Not too shabby for my first attempt at sewing with leather. 



This project was risky because I used a regular needle, not a leather needle. Nothing broke, thank goodness, but I may buy a needle specifically for sewing with leather if I plan to make more of these. 
When sewing with leather, you can't make mistakes! Threads create permanent holes in the leather and stay there even when a seam is unpicked. 

I am so happy with how they turned out. I think I will grab a whole lot more leather when I head back to LA.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs