Oma's Flower Garden Quilt: A Work in Progress

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

As mentioned in this post, I've been dying to finish some of my unfinished quilts lately. This fall will be dedicated to finishing a quilt and turning these piles of beautiful pieces into something functional.

This flower garden quilt has been a long time coming. My Oma started it when she was pregnant with my dad in 1964! Can you believe that?!
Once he was born, she got too busy and never touched it again.


The flowers are all made of flannel and corduroy hexagons. It is so soft!

She had very specific instructions for me when she passed it on to me. She wanted dark green hexagons between all the flowers. She imagined it as a garden of flowers surrounded by greenery.
The few green hexagons shown in this picture were all she had, so I am now charged with the task of matching the fabric and hand stitching it all together in the way she wanted it.

Some day soon, I will have some progress pictures to share!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs