Ruffle Sleeve Tee

Monday, August 28, 2017

All of the sleeve details this year have been so cool. I've seen bell, ruffled, trumpet, flutter, bishop, dropped bishop, and lantern sleeves. I have been wanting to make myself a top with bell sleeves since Spring!

Bodice front, bodice back, sleeve, and ruffle patterns
As I go through my fabric stash, it is getting harder and harder to find usable pieces. Most of my fabric is in smaller pieces, so sometimes I have to get creative with how I use a piece or pair multiple pieces together in one project.
In this case, I didn't have enough of the white fabric for the ruffle detail on the sleeve. Since that ruffle detail is the most important part of the design, I couldn't just remove that from the plans.
I used a white ribbing fabric for the ruffled sleeve.



Each pattern piece was cut on the fold. I measured the ruffle detail to be a 2:1 ratio to the sleeve. I always reference this ruffle ratio guide when sewing with ruffles. The ratio used can make a big difference in the overall look of the project.



Love the side slit look
Ruffle detail




















I love the way the two different fabrics look together. I love the ruffle sleeve and the ribbing fabric adds even more interest to the sleeves. I also left the ruffle hem unfinished because the fabric was so thin, I didn't want a hem to affect the drape. I added a facing to the neckline rather than incorporating more ribbing fabric. It gives it a less casual look and has a very clean finish.

I can't wait to try another fun sleeve detail on my next project. I've got big plans for sleeves!

1 comment :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs