Patching Jeans

Monday, October 9, 2017

Throughout summer, I had one pair of go-to shorts. They are so comfortable, a length that I am comfortable in, and they are so cute!
The sad thing about them is that the holes are too big! Every time I put them on, unfortunately, my dang toes get caught in the hole and tear it a little bigger. They have gotten bigger and bigger and are now at the point where they need to be patched. Once they are patched, I will feel more comfortable in them and they will be more durable.


I love the distressed look and boyfriend fit of these shorts. However, the holes are a little too high up on my leg for my liking. Here is a before and after shot of the hole on the right leg.


I ironed on a large denim patch over the hole on the wrong side of the fabric. The large patch had a smaller patch ironed onto it in the exposed area of the hole. I stitched around the border of the large patch and then zig-zag stitched across the edge of the hole. Such a quick, easy fix!


Patching holes in jeans used to be the bulk of my project pile. In college, I would come home from classes some days to a pile of clothes that needed repairs sitting on my bed, most of them being jeans needing patches.
I lived in a house with eleven roommates and they kept me busy with projects!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs