Sewing for Babies

Monday, January 25, 2016



Sewing clothes for babies might be the greatest thing in the world. I cannot wait to sew clothes for my future babies!
About three years ago, I took a Children's Clothing Construction class as part of my minor in Clothing Construction. Around that same time, I found out my sister was expecting a baby! My first nephew! Everything I made in that class (with the exception of the little white blessing dress) was for my man, Henry.
One of the projects we made was this little sweatsuit.


Even I can admit.. It looks like something that escaped from the 90's, but he is still so darn cute! 


Another ugly-but-cute project was this poncho bib. It is made from a dish towel and some ribbing. So simple!

He looks unsure, but he warmed up to the bib.
A few months after Henry was born, my sister-in-law announced she was expecting a baby. My second nephew! I went straight to work at making him his own sweatsuit, too. I will never grow tired of sewing for these babies!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs