Pleated Skirt

Friday, May 27, 2016

My last trip up to Salt Lake City, my Oma gave me two big file boxes full of fabric! In the 80's, she was a real estate agent and she used to make all of her little pant suits and skirts (if you knew her, you'd know how adorable that must have been).
One of the larger pieces of fabric was this gorgeous orange fabric that was thick and had lots of texture. 
The material to the right is the orange fabric I used.
As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make a pleated skirt! I got the idea for it here. The fabric was the perfect weight for a skirt like this. 

Jesse snapped this picture of me wearing it over my pants right when I finished making it. 
I gave it to my beautiful sister-in-law, Rebekah, for Christmas! She sent me this picture of her wearing it to church the week after and it makes me so happy! We have the same waist size, so I may just have to make 2 of everything from now on. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs