Baby Blessing Dress

Monday, November 21, 2016

In my children's clothing class in college, one of the assignments was a baby blessing dress. I won't get any use out of it any time soon, but I am saving it for my baby girl some day!



I used two types of white tricot fabric: sheer and opaque. The bodice, sleeves, and both skirt layers all have sheer tricot laying over opaque tricot. The two layers gives the fabric a really pretty sheen. 

Tricot is perfect for a blessing dress because it is super soft and stretchy.



The two long skirt layers. Each layer is finished off with thick satin ribbon. 

I wasn't sure what embellishments/trim to add to the dress at the time. I'm glad I kept it simple because my style is always evolving and my options are endless! I can always add lace or more ribbon later. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs