My First Swing Dress

Friday, November 18, 2016

Last year was my first attempt at a swing dress. I bought this super thick, soft light blue knit fabric. 
I made a few mistakes along the way, but I fixed them with the second swing dress I made. 


The fabric was a bit too heavy and it still shrinks with each wash! It is a much different shape now than it was at the beginning. 
It is more form fitting on the upper bodice than I had intended and the hem droops at the side seams. 
I've always been taught that you should let a dress or skirt hang for a while before hemming it, but I never have the patience! Therefore, my hems are often not straight..

I love the way the neckline turned out and I love the length of the sleeves. 



I learned that for the desired look, I needed to add fullness to the center back with a seam. 
It ended up being a great summer dress for nights out or days at the beach. 

With my family at the Hollywood Bowl summer 2015

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs