Swing Dress

Wednesday, April 13, 2016


It's pretty rare that I sew something for myself, but when I do it's bound to be a swing dress!



When I see an article of clothing I love, I first start imagining what the pattern would look like if I were to make it. Then I go home and do nothing about it. Months later {sometimes], I make it!! 

That is exactly what happened with this dress:

The Anthro dress that served as inspiration (also the most beautiful dress I've ever seen)

I've been dreaming about this dress for a year! It might be the prettiest dress in the world. It was my inspiration with the flowy cut and the ultra high neckline. I chose to add sleeves and use a solid knit instead of a patterned silk fabric. 
Solid colors are my safe zone. I have yet to try a fabric as amazing as that orange-red floral. 

I love pattern making. It's my favorite part of the process because it requires so much planning and attention. Its such an important part of the design process. You really have to know what you want the outcome to be and how you're going to get there. I love the challenge!

A shot from Easter Sunday!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs