Wildlife Wednesday

Thursday, April 21, 2016

In my textiles class, we learned about all sorts of textiles, weaves, knits, synthetic fibers, natural fibers, and dyes. I learned some very useful things about fabric. It has made me a better seamstress. 
One of our projects was creating a stencil and transferring it to fabric. We traced our stencils on freezer paper because it is waxed on one side and can be temporarily ironed onto the fabric. 
I chose to make something for my new boyfriend, Jesse. 
If you knew Jesse, you'd know that he loves snakes! I found a really cool image of a snake online, traced it on the freezer paper, traced the outline with a razor, and ironed it onto the shirt. Then I painted it, starting with light blue and progressing to black. 

He even wore it on a Skype date during our semester apart!

Unintentional coordination! Dressing up for Wildlife Wednesday when we were in college was HUGE.
It's kind of cheesy, I know, but Jesse is so sweet, he would happily wear anything I make for him, no matter how embarrassing! 






No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs