Reminiscing

Friday, April 22, 2016

I love looking back at pictures of things that I've made throughout the years. I've never been good at documenting, and often I forget about a project until years later. 

This picture makes. Me. Cringe! 
It was 2007. We were at the movies about to see Hairspray (in what appears to be BROAD DAYLIGHT). We loved to dress crazy at every opportunity we got. Also, ignore the fact that we were shooting for the '60's and landed somewhere in the early '90's.


That's me on the left in the green dress. I do believe that that little green sheath dress was the first piece of clothing I ever made for myself. That next Christmas my parents got me my first sewing machine. 

Fast forward seven years from the first dress I ever made to the most important dress I ever made: 
My wedding dress.


I still get butterflies when I look at our wedding pictures! It reminds me of how I felt the week that led up to the wedding. I was about to marry my love and be his wife forever! I couldn't help but feel like I had prepared my whole life to be there. Family is everything to me, and choosing Jesse was the best, most important decision I've made.
We were engaged for three short months and we had a perfect wedding day. In those three months, I somehow managed to make my wedding dress. I remember being in the car with Jesse and Nickell, our photographer, on our way to the beach to take pictures a few days before the wedding. I was sitting in the back seat sewing the last few lace flowers onto the dress, being especially careful not to let Jesse see the finished product. 
My dress turned out very simple, but just the way I wanted it. There is a sense of pride that comes from making your own wedding dress that will never be matched. That's an awesome feeling. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs