Color Block Baby Sleeper

Friday, April 15, 2016

A few weeks ago I went to my sisters baby shower. I realized the night before that I didn't have a gift! I hurried and dug up my fabric collection and layer out all of my knit fabrics. I had some patterned, some pink, some stripes, and a LOT of blue. I decided to use all of them!
With baby clothes, I'm never picky about my fabric because it requires such small amounts and I use whatever I have already. I have noticed that I tend to go with the color block, straight-out-of-the-90's style (exhibit A). 

So much blue! Perfect for a baby boy outfit.



A few of my baby patterns. I decided to make a sleeper because it had the most pattern pieces for color blocking.
I never take pictures mid process, but I did manage to catch one.

Work in progress!
Sleeve detail
Foot detail

And the finished product! I used a grey zipper because it was all I had.. 


The adorable elbow patches were Jesse's idea! I loved the idea so much, I almost cried! Now we can consider it a team effort, right? 


I was really happy with how it turned out and my sister loved it, too! Her due date is a week away and I can't wait to see him in it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs