Unforgiving Corduroy

Thursday, January 5, 2017

I love being pregnant and couldn't be more thrilled to become a mom soon, but I am also excited to have a waist again!

So here I am reminiscing about projects past. 
This is a skirt I made three years ago. 
This corduroy fabric I found at DI and its a gorgeous bright blue/green color.


As part of an assignment one semester, I had to create a clothing line, complete with sketches, fabric swatches, inspiration, and a title. The idea for this skirt stemmed from one of my sketches. 

My storyboard. I had imagined a line that was simple, yet beautiful that would effortlessly make any woman the best-dressed one in the room. 
The issue with the fabric is that it has ZERO stretch. 
I used my sloper pattern to create a simple pencil skirt pattern with darts at the waist. Sadly, it may not fit me well post-pregnancy. The fabric has no stretch. 
Hopefully I will be able to adjust the darts and side seams if needed to get a little more use out of this pretty skirt. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs