Baby Sleeper Pattern Adjustment

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Like I mentioned in a previous post, the proportions of the baby sleeper pattern need some adjusting. Since I have been accumulating tons of clothes for my baby, I was easily able to compare my handmade sleeper to other clothes to determine how it needed to be adjusted. 
The body width and length would fit a six month old, but the arms and legs only fit a three month old. 

The sleeve and the bodice/legs pattern pieces
If I add about an inch to the arms and legs, They would be better proportioned to the body. 
I cut both pattern pieces and added an inch and a half length. I made sure to cut them in an area that would only be sewn at the arm and leg seams. I did not want to affect the way any pattern pieces were attached together. 

Bodice cut, extra paper added to the sleeve
Here are the before and after comparisons:






Super simple and quick fix! 
I think this small change will make a bid difference in my little sleepers. 

I went to LA with my sisters in law a few weeks ago with grand plans for projects I had in mind for myself. However, I ended up coming home with only fabric for my baby, so I have lots of options to choose from to test out this new and improved pattern.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs