Embroidered Rooster

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Im my textiles class, one of the projects we did was embroidery. It was toward the end of the semester in December and Christmas was right around the corner, so I made a Christmas present for my mom.
Her kitchen is gorgeous, and every once in a while she tosses in some kind of farmhouse design element. She loves roosters, so naturally I embroidered a rooster on a dish towel for her. It was the perfect gift, because she also loves dish towels! Growing up, we weren't allowed to use any of her dish towels for anything except drying hands. They were all too pretty. 


It was a time consuming process! The tail was my favorite part. I only had four different colors, so I had to get creative and combine threads to create different colors. 


I wish I would have embroidered his whole body, instead of just outlining it. Overall I was happy with how it turned out. 

Once I gave this towel to my mom, she announced a new rule to the family: no using this dish towel, not even for drying hands. It is strictly decorative. I was honored!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs