Wrap Dress with Flutter Sleeves

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Last week I went into LA with my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law to do some fabric shopping. I only had $40 with me, so I was nervous I wouldn't be able to get much. To my surprise, I got all the fabric I wanted for less than $6! Michael Levine Loft is the best. You really have to search and dig, but it is totally worth it!


I got white chiffon and two matching red and black floral print chiffon. I love the alternating colors, and I immediately knew I would make a dress with flutter sleeves. 

My sloper pattern pieces! I use these for every project! They match my (old) measurements perfectly
I decided to make a wrap dress! 
I wanted it to be a true wrap dress with flutter sleeves and a circle skirt.


The bodice front required some adjustments once the dress was all put together. The waist line sloped downward way too much, so I adjusted it so the neckline would lay flat and not gape open. 


Close up of the flutter sleeves, the alternating colors of the fabrics, and the skirt. 

Don't mind our dead garden.. The wind blows so hard here, our sunflowers stand at a 45 degree angle!
I've been wanting to sew something with flutter sleeves for a long time. I've been wanting to make a true wrap dress for an even longer time! I'm so happy with how it turned out. If I were to make it again, I would make the skirt about 3" longer, and I would adjust the neckline so I wouldn't have to wear an undershirt with it every time. 
I still have a large piece of white chiffon from the LA trip, and I am definitely making something else with flutter sleeves. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs