Asymmetrical Rayon Skirt

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

When I came across this pattern:
McCall's Pattern 7725
I fell in love! I needed it, and I had the perfect fabric for it. 
I used a black floral rayon fabric from Joann Fabrics. The drape is so beautiful and it gives the skirt the perfect sophistication I was hoping to achieve. 

DRAMATIC asymmetrical hem
Another one of my Me Made May makes. 
I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to hem this skirt, even though it is a curved hem.
I also really loved the side closure. I used an invisible zipper and a button.

Button because
a.) I love sewing them on with my sewing machine and
b.) didn't have skirt hooks and eyes. 
One of my goals recently has been to become more efficient with making a project, specifically with following a pattern. I've gotten so used to making my own patterns, that I sometimes struggle with store-bought patterns. I want to get better at reading and following patterns.

I've had many chances to wear this skirt over the last month:

Wore it to the beach over Memorial Day weekend!
Wore it casually running errands
Dressed it up and wore it to church!
I claim this about most things I've made recently, but this might be my favorite item I've ever made! 
My mom has also requested I make her one, and I think this skirt in a pink rayon would be so cute! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs