The Cricut Maker Machine

Friday, June 15, 2018

My love for creating certainly doesn't end with clothing. I also love home decor DIY projects. 
When I was introduced to the Cricut Maker, I was blown away by how versatile it is! Not only does it make so many paper and vinyl projects, it has applications to make everything from quilts to leather clutches. It even cuts balsa wood! It's amazing all the things this machine can do. It is the perfect "toy" for a creator, and, along with my sewing machine, I can make virtually anything!
The Cricut Makers has an adaptive tool system, which means you can switch out the type of blade and/or marker depending on what materials a project calls for. 

Isn't it beautiful!? I have mine pictured with the essential tool set and the sewing kit
The first material I worked with on my Cricut Maker was paper. In the Design Space, I was able to personalize a card stock flag banner for my son's 1st birthday party and I was so happy with how it turned out!


The essential tool set has all the tools needed for paper projects. The machine also has compartment that fit all of these tools perfectly.

My Cricut Maker with the essential tool set

In the Design Space, there are hundreds of projects to choose from. You even have the option to add your own images to create your own project. 
One project from the library immediately caught my eye: the leather tassel keychain!


When you select a project, the Design Space gives you step by step instructions on how to load your materials into the machine, what mat to put your materials on, and what blade to use. This project calls for the 12x12 strong grip cutting mat and the deep cut blade.
Once the project is cut (so fun to watch!), it then gives you steps on how to assemble the cut project. The tassel keychain only needed a key ring and a hot glue gun.




It now hangs proudly on my diaper bag! 
The library of sewing projects includes patterns from Simplicity and Riley Blake. It makes sewing patterns super simple because it cuts and marks the fabric for you. The sewing kit has all the essentials for sewing projects. 

My Cricut Maker with my sewing kit
I was nervous to use this machine when it first arrived. I was a bit intimidated. However, as soon as I started to explore, I learned how user-friendly the Cricut Maker and Design Space are. 
The Cricut Maker comes with all the basic tools to get started. it even comes with the materials needed for your first project.

I have so many plans for my Cricut Maker. A few projects I can't wait to get started on are vinyl canister labels for my pantry, a leather clutch, greeting cards, a stuffed dog, and all the baby clothes!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs